Postcards from our Second Life

Welcome to our blog. Welcome to a view of how our lives come together - an American, a Canadian and a British chap. Here we will chronicle for your education, your interest and absolutely for your amusement our discoveries in our friendships and our experiences in a virtual world called "Second Life".

Thursday, May 10, 2012

Almost there!

Something that is making me a little less bloggy than usual is the idea of newness. You see, I've become addicted to the 18th century! Sure, I had a brief flirtation with some bacon covered antlers, but basically I'm just changing my stockings and fluffing my frilly shirts lately. It's addictive! Granted, we're talking of an era in history when people thought nothing of caking their faces with so much arsenic they poisoned themselves into a stylish grave so perhaps clothes of that period have crystal meth woven into them. It would explain the need for so many wooden false teeth back then...

Anyway, I digress in a very digressing manner. I can't blog new while being so old fashioned, surely. Or can I?

Verily I can! The future is bright, the future is 1723! (I plucked it at random, it was actually a reasonably uneventful year in the grander scheme of things. But Vivaldi composed Four Seasons and we seem to have them all in a single day lately so I'm sticking with it.) But I digress, again. The point of this rambling red wine infused fun is that next week sees The 18th Century Fair! Becalm your merriment!

Now as a court gentleman I cannot expect too much. But I have been informed of something. A:S:S Decades will be there! A swanky aqua shade for the delightful Orleans breeches and vest is apparently in the works. Now obviously I can't wear partially stitched outfits, you never know when a seam will part and scare a chambermaid, but I was lounging around admiring myself in my set of Orlean creamwear earlier in the week so I thought I'd excitedly whip it out and share.

Orleans Cream

I'm not just blogging current, I'm blogging next week! And I'm still ~300 years late...

No comments:

Post a Comment